Change Status (Reclassify)
Ret. - Retired
- Available to an RPBio or RBTech who is no longer practicing applied biology in either a paid or volunteer capacity and does not expect to do so in the future.
- Retired registrants are required to pay annual dues. Refer to Schedule 2 - Fees and Charges of the College Bylaws for up-to-date annual dues fees.
- For more information on tasks retired registrants are able to take on, please refer to Interpretation of Bylaw 5-8 for retired members. Upon acceptance to Retired status the registrant destroy their seal. This can be done by scoring the seal and sending a photo of it to the Registrar.
- Available to practicing and in-training registrants who are no longer practicing applied biology in either a paid or volunteer capacity.
- On-leave registrants are required to pay annual dues. Refer to Schedule 2 - Fees and Charges of the College Bylaws for up-to-date annual dues fees.
On-leave is granted for one of the reasons below:
- parental leave
- educational leave
- medical leave
- compassionate leave
On-leave is granted for a maximum of three (3) years after which the registrant must either reinstate or resign their registration.
In accordance with Bylaw 7-3, on-leave registrants do not have to meet Continuing Professional Development Standard requirements during their first year registered as on-leave. After a registrant has been registered as on-leave for one year, they must meet the Continuing Professional Development Standard.
Do you want to reinstate your registration?
There are three circumstances in which a registrant may want to return to active status by reinstating:
- reclassifying from on-leave to active status,
- reclassifying from retired status to active status,
- returning from being resigned or removed from the register
In all cases, registrants have a maximum of three (3) years to reinstate. Different fee structures apply depending on whether the reclassification is from on-leave/retired or resigned/removed. Refer to Schedule 2 - Fees and Charges of the College Bylaws for up-to-date annual dues fees.
IF REINSTATEMENT IS NOT REQUESTED WITHIN THREE YEARS, YOU MUST RE-APPLY FOR REGISTRATION AND MEET ALL CREDENTIALING REQUIREMENTS.
Please contact the Registrar if you have any questions: [email protected]