This 2-day certification course is an overview of electrofishing theory, safety and practices. The program meets current provincial Worker's Compensation Board (WCB) requirements for electrofisher certification.
Upon successful completion of this two-day course, the participant will be able to:
- Define the practice of "electrofishing".
- Define the electrical (operational) theory of an electrofishing unit.
- Identify and operate all components of an electrofisher.
- Troubleshoot and repair common field equipment repairs
- Adjust electrofisher settings to capture fish effectively.
- Manage an electrofishing crew effectively and efficiently.
- Manage an electrical field in an electrofishing operation.
- Operate an electrofisher unit to reduce potential injuries to fish and other animals.
For more information and registration, see course page here.