E. Wind Consulting is seeking Western Toad observations for FLRNORD from Regions 1 (West Coast) and 2 (South Coast; see map below) for management purposes and a future genetics study. It is seeking:
- Confirmed observations (first priority), as well as
- Known amphibian / Western Toad survey locations where no toads were detected during recent surveys (secondary priority).
For all submitted data, we require the following information (in Excel format if possible; if all you have time to send are scanned datasheets that works as well):
- Observers name and contact information
- Type of observation (anecdotal, incidental, survey)
- General location (name of nearest town or city)
- Local site name (e.g., lake, park)
- Spatial coordinates of toad observation(s) in UTM format (zone, easting, northing)
- Observation date(s)
- Life history stage(s) observed (eggs, tadpoles, recent metamorphs, subadult/adult)
- Site/habitat type (general description; e.g., dugout pond in agricultural field; small pond in clearcut; road ditch, etc.)
- Site access information for each location (e.g., useful road or trail access information for future surveys).
Additional information for each observation if possible / known:
- Land status (e.g., private or crown)
- Landowner(s) (names and contact information to gain access / permission to survey
Please send your observations by April 25th to the email below. If you cannot meet this deadline, please provide a date when you can send your observations.
E. Wind Consulting
Suite A - 114 Fifth Street,
Nanaimo, BC V9R 1N2