Registration Application Information
IMPORTANT: Prior to contacting College Staff with questions regarding your application or questions please do the following:
- Read the Credentialing Standard. If after you have read the Credentialing Standard and you still have a question(s) contact the Registrar’s Office at [email protected].
The Credentialing Standard contains all the important and detailed information applicants may have regarding their application. This includes but is not limited to:
- Application requirements for each registration category such as, Education/training, work experience, professional work products (replaced reports in April 2022), references, mandatory training etc.
- A definitions section that covers terms in the Credentialing Standard
- Appendices that cover Course Requirements and Definitions and individual checklists for each registrant category.
2. Consider watching the application tutorials below. A revised Credentialing Standard went into effect April 2022. Tutorials will be updated to reflect changes. The tutorials include:
- Answers to frequently asked application questions;
- A Step by Step look at the online application process
- Tips on how to submit a good application; and
- Information about what it means to be a regulated applied biology professional with the College of Applied Biologists.
3. Pre-assessments, Reviews or Eligibility Confirmation - the College does not do any pre-assessments, reviews or confirmation of registration eligibility of any education prior to an application submission. All assessments are conducted upon an application being completed. Click on this link to understand the application process and status
4. Mandatory Training as of April 1, 2022 the Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct and Indigenous Awareness courses are required to be paid for and completed as part of the registration requirements. The fee for both courses combined is $300.
The tutorial videos are specific to each registrant and associated in training category and provide:
Tips on how an applicant can have a good application;
Answers to frequently asked questions from applicants;
A demonstration of how to fill out the online application for the registrant category you wish to apply for; and
General information on the College and registrants’ requirements.
Once you are ready to apply you can navigate to the Apply to Register page.
Registered Professional Biologist (RPBio)
Registered Biology Technologist (RBTech)
|The requirements for registration are detailed in the Credentialing Standard. Use the RPBio applicant checklist to help you determine if you meet all of the requirements. If you are applying through RPBio Stream 3 or 4, you will also find checklists for those streams.||The requirements for registration are detailed in the Credentialing Standard. Use the RBTech applicant checklist to help you determine if you meet all of the requirements.|
Applied Biology Technician (ABT)
Applied Biology -- Limited Licensee (AB-LL)
|The requirements for registration are detailed in the Credentialing Standard. Use the ABT applicant checklist to help you determine if you meet all of the requirements.||The requirements for registration are detailed in the Credentialing Standard. Use the AB-LL applicant checklist to help you determine if you meet all of the requirements.|
|DOWNLOAD THE FAQ|
- If you are an international applicant, you should also review the Internationally Educated Applicants page and consult the International Applicants FAQ.
- The College’s free online Applicant Self-Assessment Tool
The College of Applied Biology regulates applied biology professionals (registrants) working in and with the natural resource sectors under the Professional Governance Act, Applied Biologists Regulation and College Bylaws.
Self-regulation requires the establishment of an organization, governed by elected registrants and supported by a professional staff complement, who set standards for entrance into the profession and for the conduct of registrants and their practice.