Apply to Register
There are six categories of registration in the College. These are broken up into active and in Training registrants:
- Registered Professional Biologist (RPBio)
- Registered Biology Technologist (RBTech); &
- Applied Biology Technician
In Training Registrants
- Biologist inTraning (BIT)
- Trainee RBTech/RBTech in Training; &
- Trainee ABT/ABT in Training
Students can also apply to be part of the College. Students are not registrants and are not regulated.
Please review the registration categories carefully and apply for the one that best meets your qualifications. You can work through the Applicant Self-Assessment Tool (ASAT) if you’re not sure which registrant category you may be eligible for.
The application and registration processes are all done online through the College’s portal. It is important to keep the following in mind with regards to your application:
- Start your application when you have completed all the requirements (e.g., education, work experience); and
- Once submitted you can track your application status in real time in your profile through the College’s portal. Clink on the links to understand your application status and Application Fee Payment Schedule.
- Average timeline for a completed to registered application is approximately 8 – 10 weeks.
Please refrain from contacting College staff for an update on your application as the status in your profile is the official status of your application and responding to inquiries takes time away from processing applications.