Biologist in Training
The College is changing platforms for registration applications.
The new platform for registration applications is now available for access. Scroll to the bottom of the page to begin an application!
If you have applied for registration on or before July 24, 2020, you will have been sent an email with links to access the previous application forms. We request that you use those forms to complete your application.
Please contact Derek Marcoux, Registrar with any questions: [email protected]
COVID-19 Update: Applications are being processed as normal. Please do not hesitate to submit application requirements during this time.
New Biologist in Training (BIT) and Registered Professional Biologist (RPBio) entrance requirements are in effect January 1, 2020. Applications received after this date will be assessed under the new standards. If you applied prior to January 1, links to the appropriate forms will be emailed to you. You may contact the office with any questions.
Applicants for membership are required to successfully complete Part A and Part B below. For details on the College Rules pertaining to membership, see Schedule 3 of the College Rules.
Part A – Credentials Review
The College accepts electronic submission of application documents only. Transcripts and international credential evaluations must be mailed directly from the institution to the College of Applied Biology.
Once all documentation has been received, applications are assessed by the Credentials Committee and the Registrar. The College will email the applicant when the application has been forwarded for review.
Streams of Entry
Biologist in Training (BIT) applicants must apply under one of the following streams of entry.
- Stream 1: College accredited program
- Stream 2: Non-accredited program
See Schedule 3 of the College Rules for full details on streams of entry.
Biologist in Training Application Requirements
- Application Form and Fee
- The application form provides details regarding an applicant's background as well as contact information
- Payment of the application fee is mandatory for the application to be reviewed
- An incomplete application will remain open for one year from the date of application
- Indictable Offence Declaration
- See the Indictable Offence Policy for more information
- Academic Information
- Guidelines for RPBio/BIT Course Assessment
- This form is a guide to applicants on how their academic background meets requirements for entry into the College
- A course is defined as occurring over 1 semester, which includes at least 3 lecture or lab hours per week
Course Descriptions Form
- Stream 1 applicants are only required to submit course descriptions for conditional courses not specifically listed under College accredited programs
- Stream 2 applicants must submit the respective course descriptions form
- Official Transcripts
- Official transcripts must be mailed directly from all post-secondary institutions where you completed courses, including the institution(s) showing credentials granted, to:
College of Applied Biology
#210 - 852 Fort Street
Victoria BC V8W 1H8
- Electronic transcripts are accepted only if they are accessed directly by the College of Applied Biology Registrar through a secure site offered by the granting institution
- Internationally educated applicants (outside Canada and the United States):
Part B – Professional Ethics Course
- The College will notify the applicant of the outcome of the assessment by email
- If approved, the applicant is to complete the College online course in professional ethics within one year of approval, prior to full membership. The cost of the course is $200
- See Professional Ethics Requirement for more information and to register for the course