Apply to Register

Biologist In Training (BIT)

Pre-assessments or Reviews

The College does not do any assessments or reviews of applications or courses prior to an application submission. All assessments are conducted upon an application being completed. Click on this link to understand the application process and status.

All information regarding the requirements for the BIT and other registrant categories is in the College's Credentialing Standard and tutorials

If you cannot find the information you are looking for contact the Regulatory Officer.

Official Transcripts - the College requires official transcripts from all the academic institutions where you have completed a course and are claiming it in your application. This applies to any transfer courses as well. Once official transcripts are received by the College they are uploaded to your application. The College  accepts electronic/digital official transcripts issued directly from the institution(s) or via a third party (e.g., My eQuals, Mycreds, National Student Clearingouse etc.) to the College.

*Please inform College staff if the name on your transcripts is different than the name on your application so we can ensure your transcripts are received and uploaded to your application. If not this will cause a delay in the processing of your application.**

Paper/hardcopy Electronic/digital transcripts Internationally educated applicants (outside Canada and the United States)*

To be mailed directly from all post-secondary institutions where you completed courses, that you are claiming in your application including the institution(s) showing credentials granted to:

College of Applied Biologists
ATTN: Regulatory Officer
#210-852 Fort Street
Victoria, BC Canada V8W 1H8

Accepted only if they are:

  1. Accessed directly by the College of Applied Biologists Regulatory Officer through a secure site offered by the granting institution directly or via a a third party (e.g., My eQuals, Mycreds, National Student Clearingouse etc.)


  1. Emailed directly to the Regulatory Officer by the granting institution or via a third party (e.g., My eQuals, Mycreds, National Student Clearinghouse etc.

You must provide:

A Credential evaluation (course by course) directly from a recognized credentialing service such as WES, ICES, or IQAS.