Biologist In Training (BIT)
Pre-assessments or Reviews
The College does not do any assessments or reviews of applications or courses prior to an application submission. All assessments are conducted upon an application being completed. Click on this link to understand the application prociess and status.
Applicants for registration are required to successfully complete Part A and Part B below. For details regarding registration, please see the College Credentialing Standard.
Part A – Credentials Review
The College accepts electronic submission of application documents only. Transcripts and international credential evaluations must be mailed directly from the institution to the College of Applied Biology.
Once all documentation has been received, applications are assessed by the Credentials Committee and the Registrar. The College will email the applicant when the application has been forwarded for review.
Streams of Entry
Biologist in Training (BIT) applicants must apply under one of the following streams of entry.
- Stream 1: College accredited program
- Stream 2: Non-accredited program
See the Credentialing Standard for full details on streams of entry.
Biologist in Training Application Requirements
- Application Form and Fee
- The application form provides details regarding an applicant's background as well as contact information
- Payment of the application fee is mandatory for the application to be reviewed
- An incomplete application will remain open for one year from the date of application
- Indictable Offence Declaration
- See the Indictable Offence Policy for more information
- Academic Information
- Guidelines for RPBio/BIT Course Assessment
- This form is a guide to applicants on how their academic background meets requirements for entry into the College
- A course is defined as occurring over 1 semester, which includes at least 3 lecture or lab hours per week
Course Descriptions Form
- Stream 1 applicants are only required to submit course descriptions for conditional courses not specifically listed under College accredited programs
- Stream 2 applicants must submit the respective course descriptions form
- Official Transcripts - the College requires official transcripts from all the academic institutions where you have completed a course and are claiming it in your application. This applies to any transfer courses as well. Once official transcripts are received by the College they are uploaded to your application.
**Please inform College staff if the name on your transcripts is different than the name on your application so we can ensure your transcripts are received and uploaded to your application. If not this will cause a delay in the processing of your application.**
- Official transcripts should be mailed directly from all post-secondary institutions where you completed courses, including the institution(s) showing credentials granted, to:
College of Applied Biology
#210 - 852 Fort Street
Victoria BC V8W 1H8
- Electronic transcripts are accepted only if they are accessed directly by the College of Applied Biology Registrar through a secure site offered by the granting institution or emailed directly to the Regulatory Officer by the granting institution.
- Internationally educated applicants (outside Canada and the United States):
Part B – Professional Ethics Course
- The College will notify the applicant of the outcome of the assessment by email
- If approved, the applicant is to complete the College online course in professional ethics within one year of approval, prior to full membership. The cost of the course is $200