In Training Applied Biology Technician
Pre-assessments or Reviews
The College does not do any assessments or reviews of applications or courses prior to an application submission. All assessments are conducted upon an application being completed. Click on this link to understand the application prociess and status.
Applicants for registration are required to successfully complete Part A and Part B below. For details regarding registration, please see the College Credentialing Standard. Please note the Credentialing Standard has been updated to ensure requirements are consistent across all streams of entry in the ABT category.
Part A – Credentials Review
The College accepts electronic submission of application documents only. Transcripts and international credential evaluations must be mailed directly from the institution to the College of Applied Biology.
Once all documentation has been received, applications are assessed by the Credentials Committee and the Registrar. The College will email the applicant when the application has been forwarded for review.
Trainee (ABT) Application Requirements
Application Form and Fee
- The application form provides details regarding an applicant’s background as well as contact information
- Payment of the application fee is mandatory for the application to be reviewed
- An incomplete application will remain open for one year from the date of application
Indictable Offence Declaration
- See the Indictable Offence Policy for more information
- Official Transcripts - the College requires official transcripts from all the academic institutions where you have completed a certificate &/or course and are claiming it in your application. This applies to any transfer courses as well. Once official transcripts are received by the College they are uploaded to your application.
**Please inform College staff if the name on your transcripts is different than the name on your application so we can ensure your transcripts are received and uploaded to your application. If not this will cause a delay in the processing of your application.**
- Successful completion of a certificate with a minimum of 200 hours of instruction, or meeting one of the other options as set out in the Credentialing Standard
- Official transcripts should be mailed directly from all post-secondary institutions where you completed courses, including the institution(s) showing credentials granted, to:
College of Applied Biology
#210 - 852 Fort Street
Victoria BC V8W 1H8
- Electronic transcripts are accepted only if they are accessed directly by the College of Applied Biology Registrar through a secure site offered by the granting institution or emailed directly to the Regulatory Officer by the granting institution.
- Internationally educated applicants (outside Canada and the United States):
- The College has accredited several post-secondary programs to ensure they meet the academic requirements for entry. See College accredited programs. Applicants from accredited programs are only required to submit course/training descriptions for conditions
- All applicants from non-accredited programs are required to submit detailed descriptions of courses or training events, compiled into one document and emailed to the College
Part B – Professional Ethics Course
- The College will notify the applicant of the outcome of the assessment by email
- If approved, the applicant is to complete the College online course in professional ethics within one year of approval, prior to full membership. The cost of the course is $200