2021 Linda Michaluk Scholarship applications now open
The Linda Michaluk Scholarship (LMS) is a scholarship of $2,500 established to honour the contributions to the College of Applied Biology by the founding Chief Executive Officer (Executive Director). The College of Applied Biology is the regulatory body for applied biology professionals working with natural resources in British Columbia. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to a Master or Doctor of Philosophy degree candidate at a Canadian university whose project advances science-informed decisions/decision making in the public interest with respect to natural resources in Canada. Advancing science-informed decisions/decision-making includes supporting the development of legislation (Acts), regulations or policies that affect the practice(s) of natural resource management in Canada.
The scholarship will be awarded to an individual whose project aligns with the scholarship's purpose.
Scholarship Amount: $2500.00
- Enrolled in a full-time Master or Doctor of Philosophy degree program of study at a Canadian university;
Conducting graduate work in Canada:
that relates to aquatic or terrestrial ecosystems or the living organisms, habitats or processes of those ecosystems in one of the five biological sciences:
- that relates to aquatic or terrestrial ecosystems or the living organisms, habitats or processes of those ecosystems in one of the five biological sciences:
- Whose project advances science-informed decisions/decision-making in the public interest with regards to natural resources;
- Proof that you are enrolled in a graduate (Masters) or post-graduate (Doctor of Philosophy) program
- Submission of a completed College LMS Form
Three references from people who:
- are knowledgeable of you and your graduate work; and
- are able to speak to how your graduate work and thesis align with the purpose of the Linda Michaluk Scholarship; and
- One of the reference letters must be from the applicant’s major supervisor
- Provide your completed LMS form and proof of enrollment in a graduate program via email to the College’s Regulatory Officer ([email protected]).
- Have your references provide their reference letter directly to the College via email in pdf format to the College’s Regulatory Officer ([email protected]).
All applications must be received in full (LMS Form, Reference Letters and proof of enrollment in a graduate program in Canada) By Wednesday March 31, 2021 • email to the College’s Regulatory Officer ([email protected]).
Scholarship recipient will be announced in April 2021.
Questions regarding the scholarship can be addressed to the College’s Director of Practice at [email protected]