Linda Michaluk Scholarship: Application Deadline January 31, 2020
In recognition of the College’s first Executive Director’s exemplary service to the profession, the College of Applied Biology Council decided to honour Linda Michaluk’s work and commitment by creating the Linda Michaluk Scholarship Fund (LMSF), held at the Victoria Foundation. The Linda Michaluk Scholarship (LMS) is a scholarship of $2,500 awarded annually to a successful candidate. To be eligible for the scholarship applicants should be enrolled in a full-time graduate program of study in Canada.
Purpose of the Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship is to:
- advance of science-informed decision making in the public interest; and/or
- support the development of policies, Acts and regulations that affect the practices of natural resource management.
Scholarship recipients are expected to provide a copy of a thesis, research report, or scientific publication related to natural resource management science or policy at the conclusion of their program.
The deadline for applications is January 31st, 2020. The scholarship review panel will review applications and award the scholarship on February 28th, 2020. The successful applicant will be invited to attend the College’s AGM and Conference, which will take place in Kelowna on April 3, 2020. Applications must be submitted using the form provided, and must include the following documents:
- Official academic transcripts
- Abstract of the proposed thesis or report.
- Goal of your graduate work and thesis:
- clearly articulate and demonstrate how your graduate work and thesis relates to the purpose of the scholarship.
- Three references from people who:
- are knowledgeable of you and your graduate work; and
- are able to speak to how your graduate work and thesis align with the purpose of the Linda Michaluk Scholarship.