Notice of 2020 College Council Election
Dear College Members,
The following is a notice of election for Council Council members for 2020-2021. The nomination period has now closed, and the following nominees have been elected by acclamation:
- Brian Clark, RPBio – President
The remaining seats for Councillors (two-year term – 4 to be elected) will be determined by election.
The candidates are:
- Christopher Addison, RPBio #2010
- Megan Hanacek, RPBio #1596
- Steven Henstra, RPBio #2435
- Corinna Hoodicoff, RPBio #1736
- Hannah Horn, RPBio #2637
- Jocelyn White, RPBio #1757
A biography for each candidate is available on the Candidate Profiles page.
Voting starts on February 21, 2020 and remains open until 2:00pm PST on March 23, 2020.
Electronic voting will be enabled on a new platform for this year called SmartBallot. All voting members -- which includes all RPBio, RBTech, ABT, and Retired members in good standing -- will receive an email from [email protected] on February 14, 2020 with instructions on how to register to vote (be sure to check your junk folder in case the email is screened out of your inbox):
- Click the link in the first email from [email protected] to register and activate your voting profile
- Once you have registered, you will receive a second email from [email protected] confirming your registration is active
- Once balloting opens (February 21), you will receive a third email from [email protected] with a secure voting PIN and a link to the voting page
- In the secure voting area, verify your identity by entering your PIN, then select up to four (4) candidates for whom you wish to vote by clicking the box next to their name and then click the Submit Vote button
This election is the first to be conducted under the Professional Governance Act through the regulation of the Act that is now in effect. See Statutory and Regulatory Requirements for more information regarding Council elections.
If you have any challenges with voting, such as not receiving the email described in item no.1 above, please use the Election Contact Form.
Derek Marcoux, RPBio
Registrar, Director of Compliance and Returning Officer, College of Applied Biology