Statutory & Regulatory Requirements
All members (RPBio, RBTech, and ABT) in good standing are eligible to sit on Council.
As prescribed by regulations under the Professional Governance Act, the 2020 election will utilize a merit-based nomination of candidates for Council. This qualification system, including the prospective nominee application form, will be conducted by the Nomination Committee, comprised of the following members:
- Cairine Green (Chair), Public Member, Victoria, BC
- Kim Klaczek, RBTech #87, Prince George, BC
- Barbara Wernick, RPBio #1171, Vancouver, BC
- Gerry Naito, RPBio #708, Vernon, BC
- Chris Maundrell, RPBio #1351, Fort St. John, BC
Committee members from the College were identified based on past service to the College's working bodies, regional representation, and professional experience.
You can read how Council elections operate under the Professional Governance Act, the currently active regulations of the Act that govern the 2020 election, and more information about the Nomination Committee’s role by following the links below. If you have questions, please consult the Nominations FAQ.