Statutory & Regulatory Requirements
All practicing registrants in good standing are eligible to sit on Council but must meet additional eligibility requirements as described in Policy 3 - 100: Nominations.
As prescribed by the Professional Governance Act, Professional Governance Regulation and the College bylaws, council elections must utilize a merit-based nomination of candidates for Council. This qualification process, including review of the prospective nominee application form, will be conducted by the Nominations Committee, comprised of the following members:
- Brian Clark (Chair), Past President, RPBio #277, Maple Ridge, BC
- Gina Layte Liston, RPBio #2485, Prince George, BC
- Elizabeth Ashby, RPBio #3387, Vancouver, BC
- Jason Emery, RBTech #1, Delta, BC
- Thea Warren, BIT #3496, Whistler, BC
- Eric Shapiro, Lay Committee Member, Victoria, BC
Committee members from the College were identified based on past service to the College's working bodies, regional representation, and professional experience.
You can read how Council elections operate and find more information about the Nominations Committee’s role by following the links below. Applications for the 2023 Council elections are now open.