College Conference & AGM
Policy and Legislative Update Session for Resource Professionals (PLUS)
"Evidence Matters: Professional Practice in a Post-Truth World"
The College’s 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) and PLUS Conference will be held on March 3, 2017 at the Delta Ocean Pointe Hotel in Victoria, BC.
Under the theme "Evidence Matters: Professional Practice in a Post-Truth World", the Conference will explore recent developments and changing expectations impacting natural resource professionals.
Following some welcoming remarks, the event will kick off with the College's Annual General Meeting. Attendance for the AGM portion of the event only is free of charge for College members. If you are not able to attend the Conference & AGM in person, you can register to participate in the live webcast facilitated by Adobe Connect (no software download necessary).
Confirmed speakers include:
- Honourable Mary Polak, Minister/MLA – BC Ministry of Environment
- Wes Shoemaker, Deputy Minister – BC Ministry of Environment
- Dr. Steve Wilson, RPBio - EcoLogic Research
- Lee Nikl, MSc, RPBio – Golder Associates Ltd
- Dr. Alton Harestad, RPBio – SFU
- Dr. Joe Thorley, RPBio – Poisson Consulting Ltd
- Azim Shariff, BIT – Wildresearch
- Dr. Aerin Jacob – Conservation Scientist,Y2Y Initiative – Keynote Speaker
- Regina Wright, MSc – Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
- Nathan Braun, MA – BC Environmental Assessment Office
- Susan Leech, RPBio - The Firelight Group
- Katherine Capot-Blanc, Trainee (RBTech) - Fort Nelson First Nation
- Michele Jones, RPBio – Mimulus Biological Consultants
- Glynnis Horel, PEng, FEC – APEGBC
- Mauro Calabrese, RPBio, RPF – ABCFP
- Harshan Radhakrishnan, PEng, MASc – APEGBC
- Jennifer McGuire, PAg – BCIA
- Dr. Vanessa Craig, RPBio – CAB
Venue & accommodations
The 2017 Conference & AGM will take place at the Delta Ocean Pointe Hotel, located at 100 Harbour Road in Victoria. View directions
To make hotel reservations, please contact the hotel directly to check for availability.