College Conference & AGM
2020 Annual General Meeting and Conference
The College’s 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Conference will be held on April 2-3, 2020 at the Manteo at Eldorado Resort in Kelowna, BC. Registration is now open, early bird rates are available until March 13, 2020!
The College of Applied Biology Annual General Meeting & Conference will open with two seminars, the AGM and an evening reception on Thursday, April 2, followed by the plenary Conference on Friday, April 3. This year's theme is "Paradigm Shifts & Partnerships: Opportunity, Momentum, Growth".
Members will have the opportunity to participate in both the conference and the AGM through a live web broadcast. Members who attend the AGM that precedes the Conference will be eligible to claim to 2 CPD points and participation in the Conference will be valued at 7 points.
Curious about the conference?
- Paul Craven, Superintendent, Office of the Superintedent of Professional Governance
- Christine Houghton, CEO, College of Applied Biology
- Melanie Stewart, Assistant Deputy Minister, Office of Gender Equity, BC Ministry of Finance
- Tom Ethier, Assistant Deputy Minister, Resource Stewardship Division, BC Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
- Brittany John, Referrals Analyst, Tsleil Waututh Nation
- Christine Gelowitz, CEO, Association of BC Forest Professionals
2020 Annual General Meeting & Conference Agenda
*Conference Agenda subject to change*
April 2nd, 2020
- 1:00-2pm: Session A
- 2-2:30pm: Refreshment Break
- 2:30-3:30pm: Session B
Annual General Meeting
- 4-5pm: 2020 AGM
- 7-9pm: Welcome Reception
April 3rd, 2020
- 7:30am: Breakfast
8-9am: Opening Remarks and Indigenous Welcome
- Networking Break (30 min.)
- 9:30-10:30am: Session 1
- 10:30-11:30am: Session 2
- Keynote Address
- Linda Michaluk Scholarship Fund Laureate Presentations: 2019 and 2020 Laureates
1-1:45pm: Session 3
- Networking Break (30 min.)
- 2:15-3pm: Session 4
- 3-3:45pm: Session 5
New for 2020 is the College of Applied Biology's Conference Tradeshow. Within the foyer of Manteo at Eldorado Resort you will find a number of exhibitors with useful information, products and services. Stay tuned as more vendors are added.
- College of Applied Biology -- Stop by the College of Applied Biology booth to view informative posters about the applied biology profession, scope of practice and other regulatory processes. You can also find out about volunteer opportunities with the College's various committees, task forces and working bodies, and speak to College staff and Councillors. Booth 1
Are you interested in sponsoring the 2020 Conference or participating in the tradeshow? Contact Tory Davis, Communications Officer for more information, or call the College Office at 1-250-383-3306.
Accommodation & Venue
The Manteo at Eldorado Resort is the event venue and offers a variety of accommodation options, available through the College's group rate, which can be used from March 30-April 5, 2020 for those that wish to extend their trip. The College's group rate is based on availability, so book now for best price. The deadline to book using the College's group rate is March 2, 2020.
To make reservations guests can book online, via phone or email.
Phone: Toll free – 1-877-734-3184
Local – 250-860-1031
Email: [email protected]